When planning for your project, it pays to have help from a professional in landscape design in Salt Lake City, UT. Civil Solutions Group is just that—your trusted partner for all of your landscape design needs. And today, we’re sharing some of the top do’s and don’ts when planning your project.
Keep the following in mind, and you’re sure to end up with a landscape design that’s functional, beautiful, and planted to flourish.
- DO plan for future growth. Remember that plants, shrubs, and trees will mature to a much larger size than when originally planted. Plan for that extra space before planting them.
- DON’T get stuck with straight lines. Be creative and think outside the box, like with curved flower beds or walkways.
- DO keep maintenance in mind. Be aware of how much upkeep each plant requires, and plant a landscape that meets your lifestyle.
- DON’T make your design too busy. You want your landscape to be lush and beautiful, but keep care, maintenance, and the possibility of being overgrown in mind. Make your design full and complete, but don’t overcomplicate it.
- DO start with a plan. Rather than just choosing the plants you like the look of, make a strategic plan for your landscape in accordance with shade, water, and maintenance.
- DON’T steer toward single plants throughout your landscape. Plant things in small groups of odd numbers.
- DO budget wisely. Assess annuals and perennials, as well as fast versus slow-growing plants when making your selections.
- DON’T be afraid to pull out older plants. If overgrown shrubs or trees overcrowd your landscape, clear them out to start fresh.
- DO keep in mind curb appeal as well as the view from inside your home looking out. Approach your landscape design from every vantage point—both from where your guests will see it and where you’ll admire it on a daily basis.
- DON’T let weeds get out of control. Schedule time to weed your flower beds each week so you’re not dealing with excessive overgrowth.
Expert Landscape Design In Salt Lake City, Utah
The landscaping around your home has a significant impact on the look, feel, and value of your property. Don’t leave landscape design in Salt Lake City, UT in just anyone’s hands—trust Civil Solutions Group for your upcoming project.