As a civil engineer in Utah, much of our focus is on bettering our local communities. The holiday season is here, and we’d like to offer a few ideas of activities to try that can also help us all enrich and connect with the people and community that surround us.
Ideas For Holiday Activities In Your Area
- Bake and decorate sugar cookies, then deliver some to a neighbor. This is a simple way to connect and spread joy this season.
- Volunteer with a local non-profit or charitable organization.
- Find the nearest outdoor ice skating rink and pay it a visit!
- Go sledding on a local hill. Try bringing a thermos of hot cocoa and a bluetooth speaker to play holiday music, too!
- Go to a local spot to pick out a real Christmas tree, or make a tradition to go to a designated area up a local canyon to cut down your own.
- Host a Christmas karaoke party and invite your closest friends and loved ones.
- Go on a holiday lights tour of a neighborhood in your area.
- Build a traditional snowman.
- Visit your local library and check out a few holiday books.
- Attend a holiday production in your area, like a play, concert, or school performance. This is a great way to show your support for your local community.
- Donate gently used toys to a local shelter or organization. Involving your children in the experience can be an impactful way to help them understand empathy and compassion, especially during the holiday season.
- Send holiday cards to men and women serving overseas or away from their families.
- Visit a living nativity in your area.
- Find a fun local spot to sit on Santa’s lap, and capture a classic photo of your child.
- Participate in a local Turkey Trot or holiday run.
Civil Engineering Firm In Utah
From our team at Civil Solutions Group, we wish you and yours a happy and memorable holiday season!