Children are never too young to explore their talent and passion for engineering! Applying their minds to hands-on learning can be an excellent way to inspire their creativity.
The purpose of engineering firms in Salt Lake City, Utah is to use science and math to create things that help individuals and communities solve problems that come up in their everyday lives.
Of course, the world of engineering is full of endless possibilities—especially given the fact that technologies are constantly changing and evolving. There’s never been a greater need to get creative and get learning, starting at a young age. And after all, it can be fun!
Here are some simple project ideas to try with your kids on a rainy day or for a weekend or after-school project.
Kids Engineering Projects
- Try an edible challenge. Some of our favorites are to build a house or tower using candies or pastries and, if you’d like, icing or another type of sugar as cement.
- Foundations and earthquake testing. Build a structure using gumdrops and toothpicks, then test out different edible foundations to see which is strongest. For example, jello, brownies, or graham crackers.
- Shape strength testing. Test which shapes are strongest, like the dome of an egg, building a triangle structure using spaghetti and marshmallows, or a circle column out of paper.
- Build a bridge. Use materials like folded paper and Legos, or string and popsicle sticks.
- Explore materials. Try adding weight to different materials to see how it stretches, gives, absorbs sound, repels liquid, and more.
- Make a basic machine. Get creative to make a machine or moveable car.
- Construct an instrument. Use popsicle sticks, elastic bands, and other materials to make various instruments and sounds.
Engineering Firms In Salt Lake City, Utah
Among your choices for engineering firms in Salt Lake City, Utah, Civil Solutions Group stands out and leads the industry. We look forward to working with you on all of your projects to come!
Contact our engineering firm in Salt Lake City, Utah to get started on your project.